How to create a brand for your business
Updated: Jan 22, 2020
This week I want you to think about your business brand...
First of all, what is a business brand?
Branding is a marketing technique that helps companies establish a unique presence in the marketplace, while differentiating from their competitors.
Basically, it's your company's mission, story, look and feel, everything down to the colors and fonts you use. You want it to fully identify your company - who you are, what you do and how you do it.
1. Identify your target audience - Who are you trying to reach? Who is your ideal client? Research who these people are, what they do, where they go, what websites they visit, what they search for, and most importantly, what they need.
2. Define your brand - What benefits, products or services do you offer your customers/clients? Remember, the benefits of your product or service are NOT the features of your product.
3. What's your Brand mission - What does your brand stand for? What are you trying to achieve?
4. What's your Brand story - Your mission is what you're setting out to do, whereas your story is the "why." Refer to the 5 W's - WHO are you trying to reach? WHAT are you trying to do? WHY are you doing it? WHERE will you do it? WHEN will you achieve it?
5. Are you creating a brand, or rebranding?
- First, you'll need to identify a theme. You want your brand to work for you and sell your product.
- Second, you'll need your brand identity deliverables - This means your logo design, stationary design, promotional materials, brand guidelines - fonts, colors, language & photography.
- Third, you'll need a website that incorporates everything your brand has to offer.
6. The rollout - Give yourself enough time and don't rush it, prepare all of your brand touch points, and finally, create a launch calendar.
If you're starting a business from scratch, or rebranding your existing business, the biggest piece of advice I can give you is to start with your WHY, everything will fall into place from there. Feel free to reach out, I'd love to hear from you!
Something to think about...
Fresh Perspective. Creative Solutions. Free Consultation.
Marketing Consultant | www.ashleycannard.com
#entrepreneur #entrepreneurs #entrepreneurship #business #businessowner #businesswoman #smallbusiness #startup #consultant #marketing #marketingconsultant #digitalmarketing #contentmarketing #socialmedia #branding #writing #copywriting #graphicdesign #webdesign #success #creative #inspiration #bossbabe #girlboss #creativeconsulting #creativeconsultingca #ashleycannard #blog